Introduction to EDU780

Who am I?

Hi Everyone! 
Via GIPHY.com
My name is Jennifer. I am a first year teacher. Currently, I teach 1st grade dual language. I love 1st grade as it is filled with so much learning and giggles! 
Our model for dual language in this grade is 70/30. We teach and learn primarily in Spanish throughout the school day. Next school year, I will be teaching 3rd grade dual. I am both excited and nervous for this grade change. I am also very glad to be working with this age group as they will be able to cut something out in less than 10 minutes! 

I received my bachelors in Elementary Education (1st-6th) with endorsements in ESL and Spanish last Spring at Dominican. I decided to return back to Dominican to receive my technology endorsement and am one class away from finishing!

Family 
Via GIPHY.com

I am the youngest of three. My brother received his bachelors in Computer Engineering and my sister is an optician.





Via GIPHY.com








My family is from a small town outside of Moreila, Michoacan, Mexico. Michoacan is primarily known for the migration of the monarch butterflies. In addition, the movie Coco is inspired by an island in Michoacan called Janitzio island.





Via GIPHY.com


My interests include listening to true-crime podcasts and watching documentaries. Before the school closure, I would implement podcasts in my classroom which my students loved!  

I love rollerblading (although I'm not very good at it) and enjoy spending time with my 5 year old niece. 

As far as trips, every year my family and I go to Michoacan. We had planned to go in June, however with this pandemic we had to reschedule. I love traveling and trying new foods! My family, friends and I love trying new restaurants to order take-out

Via GIPHY.com
Who am I as a learner? 
I am a visual learner. I rely on my planner to have an agenda for the day. I like writing things down to reference later and review again. I also really enjoy creating organizers and keep everything organized! 

Goals
I hope to see how I can continue incorporating technology in my dual language classroom. Currently, my school is 1:1 tech and provides iPads for students to take home. Literacy is such an important part of a child's learning. I would like to find cool and beneficial resources for my classroom. Teaching dual language, I constantly struggle in finding resources and books provided in Spanish for my students to use and learn from to build oracy. 

via GIPHY.com
I hope to take the test in August and receive my technology endorsement. I hope to use this endorsement to eventually work for the district as a Technology Coordinator. However, before accomplishing this goal I will want to pursue my masters.  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Framework of TPACK

Digital Tools

Trends in Technology: STEM